Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the final task

     Today we started working on our final task and I can tell that my group is excited for  this project. This will be the first project that is a movie meaning that we have more room to be more creative. That is because there are so many more genres to pick from. And another exiting aspect of this project for me is my group members. I have grouped up with Gavin, Maya, and Amelia. I am happy to be in this group because everyone is hard working and determined. Also everyone in my group thinks differently so different aspects to the film are added. And we have been in a group for the last two films so we all have chemistry working together. However there is a lot to think about for this film because it is our biggest project.
      However, before we talk about the film I would like to talk about how I have progressed throughout the school year. When we did our first project, the commercial, all of our group was inexperienced and had to learn how to film and edit. This was a painstaking process and consisted of a lot of trial and error. However, I persevered and in return I learnt a lot. I would say that the best trait that I have is editing. I’ve also became better at filming although Maya and Amelia are the best at filming so they primarily film. I have also gotten better at acting. Although I thought I was pretty good at acting I realized by watching myself that I had a lot of room for improvement. And that is something that I think that I have improved in. But enough about me lets talk about our pitches for the final project.
     Our group had to brainstorm for a while to find the perfect pitch that captured all of our ideas. But before I get to in depth let me tell you what a pitch is. A pitch is a term that describes an idea to a film in 25 words or less. So now that that is out of the way let’s talk about what my group has come up with. After netting up and talking to one another we came up with our top three pitches. Our first pitch is, “my biggest regret is befriending my stalker.” We chose that because it captures the horror element that most of my group members want to film using. The other pitch that uses horror is, “I faked my death and now am ready for revenge.” The final pitch that my group and I though of was, “finding my parents is harder than it seems.” In that pitch we are going for the mysterious element which we think will help engage our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Examination

Film   Discuss the impact of funding on media products   Thomas Stimson   Period: 5 th     Funding impacts movies in almos...